We’ve already made it to the end of the first month of the official (but still not public) Alpha. Because of that we would like to share the progress with you and answer at the same time some of the most common questions that we receive.
First of all, you ask us often when we would start to run some kind of a devblog and inform you about our every move. As you see, this post has number #1 in the title which can suggest that we’ve just started:) In fact, we hope to post new content more often than once per month and divide it into few sections such as graphics, videos, changelogs and news.
First month of the Alpha…
…was really busy. As you may know, we have invited all of the top Backers to join us in the great search of bugs and new features. We’ve also had the first possibility to see how the servers work and what the real gamers can do on the first island. We were really happy to see that the cooperation and commitment led them to build lots of magnificent structures, gather tons of resources, make use of every workshop and then, by the end of a day, watch together how everything gets burned down;)
All of that involved hundreds of hours spent playing, hundreds of posts on the Alpha-testers forum with ideas and reports and many many fixes that we would like to group together and present you to see what we are working on right now:
– New ladder mechanism:
* Much simpler implementation without thread leaks that could cause game to crash
* Looking around is no longer blocked by the ladder
* The destruction of the ladder does not freeze the player who was climbing up
* Death on the ladder no longer freezes the player after respawn
* Hold “Use” button to climb (default E)
– Fix for server state inconsistency after bot (corner case) spawning
– Natural player’s movement while climbing the ladder
– Weapon is hidden at climbing (hands animation will be added soon)
– Animation while climbing the ladder can be interrupted when player hits an obstacle
– Fixed problem with positioning of smoke on torches
– Added few missing stone-colliders
– Fixed tree leaves glowing unnaturally at night
– Improved animals (zebra, gazelle) colliders (fixed arrows passing through gazelles)
– Corrected name for ‘Builder’s Desk’
– The cost of torches reduced to 1 fat
– Fixed issue with blocking chest when in use by a player
– Close proximity building blocked. Players can’t block the main entrance of other players’ buildings anymore
– Animals keep themselves away from campfires
– Improved BuildersDesk UI, displaying level and time of inviolability after a damage of the Desk
– Upgradeable BuildersDesk (up to 5th level), BuildersDesk destruction’s time depends on it’s level
– Option to instantly remove BuildersDesk by it’s owner
– BuildersDesk now costs resources
– Fixed incorrectly displayed message during attempt to gather stone or wood without tools
– ‘Flying’ mushrooms removed (some of them were located near disposable rocks)
– Torch’s light is not disappearing when player approaches obstacle
– Minor map improvements (invisible stones fixed, additional grass sowed, bottom of the ocean improved)
– Pants’ starting model improved
– New sword attack animation
– New hammer and pickaxe attack animation
– Fixed the first out of two issues forcing animals to flicker
– Fixed issue with gathering after reaching max level.
– 3 new levels of achievements to get, the last one does not make problems anymore.
– Improved path-finding of animals when in closed area.
– Improved path-finding of animals near buildings and cliffs.
– Animals don’t get blocked on hills anymore.
– Pop-up in menu after losing connection.
– Auto log-out from the servers after detecting wrong UDP/TCP (firewall) configuration.
– Fixed hit sound when climbing the ladder.
– Fixed issues with sounds on the ladder.
– Added walking/swimming sounds of the other players.
– Fixed positioning of stairs when trying to rebuild destroyed ones.
– Fixed problems with Take All button
– RMB drops dragged item on the ground when no place in inventory
– Fixed gathering issues when player had the same items in inventory and in bag (they were seen only after relogging)
– Building optimization: Added Level Of Details groups to following elements: Wooden Foundation, Pole, Ceiling, Ladder, Wall, Window, Straw Roof, Platform
– Fixed FPS drop caused by trees issues when rotating using mouse
– Item optimization: Added Level Of Details groups to following items: Torch, Torch Holder, Stairs, Support Pole, Triangle Ceiling, Triangle Straw Roof, U ceiling, Bamboo wall, Bamboo diagonal wall, Wooden diagonal wall
– Grass no longer grows under building foundations
– Torch lights on torch holders don’t twinkle anymore
– Slightly improved light range of torches and bonfires
– Improved chopping of selected trees
– Corrected spelling mistakes
– Hold shift and click to equip/use items in inventory
For screenshots and other graphic materials please refer to the next upcoming updates where we will show what our testers are capable of!:)